Last Topic

A Reason for Print?

Rabu, 03 Desember 2008
As I bought my cup of coffee this morning on my way into work, I did something I haven't done in years:

I bought a copy of the Detroit Free Press and The Detroit News, this area's two big daily newspapers.

I am a news junkie, and I have converted about 90% of my intake to electronic format. At work, I have aggressively promoted replacing as much print with electronic as possible. I have blogged about the changes in the news industry. Buying something in print was an extravagance not really necessary in this economy.

Nevertheless, I was seduced by the "tabloid-type" headlines and layout of the automobile industry bailout stories.

Have I read them? No. They sit in my bag, along with a bill to mail. Will I read them tonight after work? Perhaps.

Unless I read the articles first today on the Internet.

Last Photo